We're looking forward to Cairo's very first TAROT 101 workshop, taught by professional Tarot reader Meagan Angus on Sunday, August 9th from 2-5pm.
In this Tarot 101 class, we will be covering the basics of Tarot, including:
- An overview of the many types of decks available
- How to choose a deck
- Superstitions and misunderstandings surrounding the Tarot
- Elements that can assist in readings (Crystals, plant helpers, colors etc)
- A brief discussion on the nature of symbolism
- An overview of common symbol sets used in most decks
- A focused look at The Minor Arcana suits
- The Major Arcana - The Good, The Bad, The Enlightened
- The Tarot in comparison to other popular magickal systems
- Common tarot spreads / and a simple cleansing and blessing
An original workbook for students to take home that will facilitate creating a personal connection with your cards. If possible, please bring your own deck.
The modern Tarot is a highly refined set of symbols used by Witches, Magicians, Shamans, Seers, Mediums and Psychotherapists. Proving itself to countless generations as a valuable tool for insight and meditation, the Tarot is seeing a resurgence of interest in people who want an easy way to open a dialogue with their own subconscious, people looking for alternate methods of evoking powerful archetypes for change, and people wanting to open a door into their variant futures.
Meagan Angus has been reading Tarot professionally and privately for over 25 years. Self taught, she is influenced by Hermetic Magic, Kabbalah, and Jungian archetypal psychology. She is learning from the Tarot every day, and grateful for the conversation with The Universe. V.I.T.R.I.O.L.
Space is limited! To reserve a spot, please do so here.